If you're among the estimated 80% of adults who experience back pain at some point in their lives, you know how debilitating it can be. Back pain can make it difficult to sit, stand, or walk for long periods. It significantly impacts our quality of life. You may have tried all sorts of treatments, but nothing seems to help. Spinal decompression chiropractors in North York, Ontario can be the best for you. This innovative treatment has helped many people find relief from chronic back pain.
What Is Spinal Decompression Therapy And How It Works
Spinal decompression therapy is a non-surgical treatment option for relief from back and neck pain. It is an effective treatment for herniated or bulging discs, sciatica, degenerative disc disease, and pinched nerves. The therapy can also be used to treat chronic back or neck pain that has not responded to other treatments. There are several different types of spinal decompression therapy.
- Traction is the most common type, and it involves using ropes or straps to apply gentle force to the spine.
- Spinal decompression machines use a series of belts or pads to apply pressure to the spine.
- Chiropractic adjustments involve manipulating the spine manually.
Spinal decompression can be performed using several different devices, including an inversion table, a harness system, or a vacuum device. The computerized system gently stretches the spine, which relieves pressure on the discs and vertebrae. This stretching creates a negative pressure within the discs, which encourages herniated or bulging disc material to move back into place. The therapy also increases blood flow and oxygen to the discs and surrounding tissues, which promotes healing.
The Benefits Of Spinal Decompression Therapy In North York, Ontario
Most people don't think about the health of their spine until they start experiencing back pain. At that point, it may be too late. Back pain is one of the most common complaints in North America, and it can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, poor posture, and stress. While there are many treatments available for back pain, spinal decompression therapy is often the best option. There are many benefits to spinal decompression therapy. Some of these benefits include:
- Relief from pain. One of the primary reasons people seek spinal decompression therapy is for relief from pain. This therapy can help to reduce or eliminate pain in the neck, back, and other areas of the body.
- Improved mobility. This is because it helps to restore the natural curve of the spine, which can become distorted over time due to injury or other factors.
- Enhanced healing. By improving blood flow and removing inflammation, spinal decompression therapy helps to promote healing in the body. This can be helpful for injuries or other conditions that have not responded to traditional treatment methods.
- Reduced risk of further injury. When the spine is properly aligned and the pressure is relieved from the discs, it allows them to heal properly and reduces the chances of future problems.
- Increased comfort. This is because it helps to take the pressure off of the nerves and other sensitive areas of the body. This can lead to a reduction in pain and increased mobility.
- Improved quality of life. When all of the above benefits are combined, it can lead to an improved quality of life. This is because people who receive this therapy will often find that their pain is reduced, their mobility is improved, and their overall health is enhanced. All of these factors can lead to a better quality of life.
If you're among the millions of adults who suffer from chronic back pain, spinal decompression may be a treatment option worth considering.
Who Could Benefit From Spinal Decompression Therapy
Spinal decompression therapy could be beneficial for people who suffer from conditions such as:
- Chronic back or neck pain
- Herniated disc
- Bulging disc
- Degenerative disc disease
- Sciatica (pain radiating down the leg)
- Pinched nerves
- Facet syndrome (joint pain in the spine)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Foraminal stenosis (narrowing of the openings between the vertebrae)
If you are suffering from any of these conditions, it is important to talk to a chiropractor to see if this type of therapy is right for you. Many factors will need to be considered, such as the severity of your condition and your overall health.
Who Should Not Have Spinal Decompression
Spinal decompression is not appropriate for everyone. You should not have this treatment if you have a history of cancer, are suffering from an infection, or have any other serious medical condition. It is not recommended for pregnant women or people with metal implants in their spines.
What You Should Know Before Getting Spinal Decompression In North York, Ontario
Before you decide whether or not to undergo this treatment, it's important to understand some things during the treatment and what the potential risks are.
Is Spinal Decompression Therapy Safe?
Spinal decompression therapy is generally safe and effective. It is a non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment that has few side effects. It's important to consult with your doctor before beginning any new treatment regimen.
What Are the Side Effects of Spinal Decompression?
The most common side effect of spinal decompression is mild soreness or discomfort. This is typically short-lived and can be managed with over-the-counter pain medications.
Rare side effects of spinal decompression include headaches, fatigue, and nausea. These side effects are usually mild and go away on their own.
How Much Does It Cost?
Spinal decompression therapy is not covered by most insurance plans, so you may need to pay for it yourself. The cost can vary depending on the type of decompression therapy you have, how many sessions you need, and the facility where you have it done.
How Often Should You Receive Treatments For Best Results?
Everyone's body will respond differently to spinal decompression chiropractic treatments. However, most people find that receiving treatments regularly (for example, once a week) produces the best results. Speak with your chiropractor to figure out what schedule will work best for you.
What Should You Expect During And After Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression therapy is performed on an outpatient basis. This means that you will not have to stay in the hospital overnight.
Spinal decompression therapy is typically done using a motorized traction table. The patient lies on the table and is secured with straps around the waist and legs. The table then slowly stretches the spine, providing relief from pressure on the spinal cord and nerves.
Spinal decompression therapy is usually done as a series of sessions, typically 20-30 minutes each depending on individual needs. Most people see significant improvements after 8-10 sessions, although some may need more.
After your treatment, you may feel some soreness or discomfort. This is normal and should go away within a few days. You should avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours after your treatment.
How To Find A Reputable Spinal Decompression Chiropractor In North York, Ontario
When looking for a reputable spinal decompression chiropractor in North York, Ontario, it is important to do your research. There are many chiropractors in the area, so it is important to find one that has experience with spinal decompression therapy and who has a good reputation.
- Ask your friends or family members for recommendations. If they have had a good experience with a chiropractor, they will likely be happy to recommend them to you.
- Do online research. You can read reviews of different chiropractors in the area and see which ones have the best ratings.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints about any of the chiropractors in your area.
By doing your research, you can be sure that you are choosing the right chiropractor to ensure that you get the best possible care for your needs.
Contact A Spinal Decompression Chiropractor In North York, Ontario
If you are experiencing back or neck pain, contact a spinal decompression chiropractor in North York, Ontario for relief. Dr. Gold Family Chiropractic is a state-of-the-art facility that offers spinal decompression therapy. Dr. Gold and his team are passionate about helping their patients achieve optimal health and wellness. They will create a customized treatment plan to relieve your back pain and improve your quality of life. Contact Dr. Gold Family Chiropractic to schedule a consultation.